Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Beatitudes of Our Lord Community Festival - A Great Success!

"FAITH is putting all your eggs in one basket, then counting your blessings before they are hatched"
-Ramona C. Carroll


Awhile back, a friend of mine asked me why I volunteered to co-chair this year's festival. Questions like, "Are you crazy?", "Are you out of your mind?" were asked of me. If you would have told me last year that being a co-chair meant working long hours, crying tears of frustration, spending many hours on the computer and the telephone, lifting many cans of tomato sauce, sweating bullets under the August hot sun - I would have probably not done it. Planning this festival was like putting pieces of a jigsaw puzzle together. You need all pieces to complete the picture. Sometimes, the puzzle piece was easy to find; other times it was like looking for a needle in a haystack - all the while being there right under our nose. I am very grateful for this experience. My faith in God has gotten so much stronger in the past nine months; I've been so blessed to see his awesome work in action.

To my fellow comittee members: You-Da Man Brian Cruelle, Boss-Lady Rose Bourassa, Ever-faithful Ray Shirley, Ed DiPinto, Sam Karaba, Michelle Rego, Sir Joseph Leon, the untiring Cynthia Klement-Virgilio, Ms. Take-charge-Jackie Teepen, ever faithful Victor Globa, Of Course we can Desiree Beyea, I've been here 20-years and counting Rusty Hernandez, Ms. Entertainment Chair - Michelle Viele -- You Guys Are the Absolute Best!.

Thank you Father Tony, Father Joe, and Father Emile for your continued support! Thank you to the Beatitudes School Staff and Parents for your dedication and support of the festival through your volunteer hours. To our Beatitudes Community volunteers; The Filipino Association of Beatitudes Parish, Mr. and Mrs. Ed Wolf, Ms Barbara Cisterino, Gladys and Dawn - You are awesome!

I invite you to check out the link for this year's festival scenes.
http://beatitudesfestival.blogspot.com/search/label/Pictures

Cecile :)

No comments: